Sunday, April 6, 2014

POEM: BE HERE NOW

In the now,
time drips like a leaky faucet
I'm pulling weeds
the sun warms my back
my family rests in the safety of inside
my mind rests in the safety of my skull

No poisoned darts of yesterday will find their mark
No future entanglements ensnare this precious moment
And when this moment slips into what was
another moment jumps in joy, blaring his trumpet of arrival

I go on pulling weeds
Thanking the sun, thanking Spring
Thanking the now for the safety it can bring
Thanking the weeds for pulling me outside
Thanking the illusion of time for pulling me aside
Grateful to grandfather clock
for showing me the why, the how,
The peaceful surrender
to be here now

-Cronin Detzz
When writing, we are often  not in the present.  We are thinking ahead to our next chapter or we are applying lessons and characters from our past.  Next time you encounter writer’s block, try living in that very moment.

Keep writing & keep sharing! – Cronin Detzz

2 comments:

  1. Bravo this is an excellent write I look forward to sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bekkie, I really appreciate it and hope you find peace in the "now"-Cronin Detzz

    ReplyDelete