Saturday, January 18, 2014

SUCCESSFUL QUERY LETTERS

I'm in hot pursuit for a literary agent who wants to represent a fresh voice on women's issues.  It took six years, but my first manuscript is complete and I cannot wait to share it!  My book, "American Onion," deals with overcoming the stigma of depression.  It is a sordid tale of what I have been through, culminating in the startling accusation of being married to a child molester.  These are tough subjects, but I know that so many people have been affected by mental illness that this book must be shared. 



I've invested many hours on my query letter.  In the spirit of sharing resources, below is a link that I highly recommend regarding successful query letters to literary agents:  http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/agent-query-letters-that-actually-worked-for-nonfiction_b68937

According to Media Bistro's link (above), these are letters that actually WORKED.

Another good resource can be located at Writer's Digest:  http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/successful-queries


It’s a time consuming process to find the right agent, but with enough effort and patience I’m confident that I will succeed – and so will you.


What has worked best for you?


Keep writing & keep sharing! – Cronin Detzz





No comments:

Post a Comment