Friday, March 7, 2014

POEM: WATER AVATAR'S DREAM


724,000 years ago, I stood near my lake
I longed to drink, but had no thirst to slake
I gazed at my reflection, shimmering back at me
Blue of skin, like the sky and sea

My dharma was water
My dharma was to sustain
My power: locked in the waves
My power: released in the rain

~~ Holding the cosmos together
through the gift of water ~~

In those peaceful, misty days
I grew restless in the watery haze
My dream of being human thus burst
to feel the damp!  to swim with fish!
to quench a thirst!  my only wish!

The Bringer of Light granted my desire
And I was born into a fire
A bucket of water dampened the blaze
My soul briefly few back to halcyon days

But again and again I was reborn
stuck in the wheel of earthly form
My water lords and my astral kin
dessicated the water that cleanses my sin

“I long to return to my sparkling cave,
and leave far behind earth’s watery grave”

the Lord of Lords heard my plea
threw me into a poet’s aching body
sent me away to distant, dry lands
tossed me onto Nevada’s scorching sands

Never again
will I stray from home
Always, amen
bathe in the wonderful waterfall of Om
-        Cronin Detzz

Inspiration:  during a meditation, I imagined regressing into a past life as an Avatar representing water.  I don't know where the era of 724,000 years came from, but it is best to trust your muse and write whatever surfaces without censoring thoughts too much.  One of the important tactics in overcoming writer's block is to honor the creative process and write the words that come to you.  Don't get stuck in edit mode for too long.  Keep writing & keep sharing! - Cronin Detzz 

No comments:

Post a Comment